Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gonna Have to Face It I'm Addicted to....

Hey, Y'all,

It's come to my attention that the U.S. has an increasingly addicted population.  I'm not referring to prescription drugs, meth, alcohol, tobacco, etc.  I'm referring to the way it seems everyone is addicted to any number of substances and/or activities and/or things.  Just  pick a day that promises to provide the opportunity to hold conversations with a number of different acquaintances.  Then be attentive to the number of times you hear, "I'm addicted to...."  Or ask someone you know well to note how many times you say, "I'm addicted to...."  Then think back to just a few years ago.  I can't think of anyone I knew socially who would publicly admit to being addicted to anything. 

I'm too lazy to take the time to even copy and paste the criteria for being called addicted.  If you're interested, you can check out this link:  http://addictions.about.com/od/substancedependence/f/dsmsubdep.htm

 Here's my list of addictions:
1. Medium point, gel ink pens with rubber grips
2.  My hair is "chemically dependent" to quote the lovely Beverly Young Ellis.  In fact it's so chemically dependent on hair color to conceal my unlovely gray hair that I have to do Clairol Root Touch-up just to make it to my monthly retouch appointment.
3.  Diet Coke
4.  Coffee
5.  Toddlers and Tiaras, Glee and The Office.  I suspect that I will soon have an addiction to Smash.
6.  Bubble gum
7.  Lipstick
8.  Sequins, bling and glitter
9.  Homemade Chex Party Mix {I manage this  compulsion by only having it at the holidays.} 
10.  Elastic waist comfy "lounging" pants (ugly ones at that)
11.  My smartphone
12.  Facebook
13.  Reading


OK, I've come clean with my embarrassing list.  What are your addictions?

Tootles, Y'all!
TBelle

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love you. Yep, addicted to Angry Birds, The Biggest Loser, facebook, e-mail, coloring my hair once a month and having it straightened every week, and my swishy-lounging pants (I'm thinking if anyone ever broke into the house during the day while I'm home alone, the sight of these will frighten them off. Oh. And quilting. Mustn't forget that one. :) I'm sure that there are others that I'm forgetting!

    ReplyDelete

Nanancy

Nanancy