Saturday, January 28, 2012

Products Social Worker Part II

Hey, Y'all,
It's been a week since my last post and I have no pictures of a grandbaby to share with you.  To take my mind off my agitated anticipation, I'll share some new favorite resources with you.

1.  Remington Compact Ceramic Hot Rollers
For most of my adult life I have been on a selective quest for a limited list of beauty resources--the perfect red lipstick, the perfect taupe eyeshadow, something that will give my hair lasting volume (shampoo, conditioner, mousse, gel, something!) and hot rollers that don't leave weird lines in my hair, don't burn my scalp, don't take up half of a suitcase, and don't make loud noises.  The search for the first three continues, but I've found some wonderful hot rollers! These Remington Compact Ceramic Hot Rollers were just $15.99 at Walgreens.  They have wire hook pins that don't leave a ridge in your hair and left my scalp intact.  They heat up in ~2 minutes.   Their packaging is so compact that you can pack them in your carry-on bag.  And....they really curled my hair and I still had curl the morning afterward!  I'm not ready to pitch my Velcro rollers, but these Remi's are so helpful that I'm buying another set this weekend. 

2.  Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow


Just because Wet n' Wild products have always been sold in drugstores and had really unattractive packaging and tended to be the cheapest make-up available, many people hold  them in very low esteem.  Which is unfortunate because WnW makes some beautiful lipsticks and eye shadows and they are so cheap that you can afford to take a walk on the wild side and try some new colors.  Their eye shadows have beautiful pigment and blend well. They are very soft so you have to tap off the excess shadow before you apply it.  The shadow is shimmery and I go over it with a translucent powder to calm down the shine.  I picked up the Silent Treatment palette for $2.99. 

3.  Nivea Touch of Sparkle Body Wash

One of my favorite quotes is, "Glitter makes everything better."  Who knew that sparkle would smooth scaly skin?  Truthfully, I haven't seen any sparkles.  But I have seen smoother skin since I started using this Nivea body wash.  So much smoother that I haven't been catching my opaque tights on my crocodile legs!  It is a little sensory happy to use this in the shower in the morning. 

Hope you find these resources helpful, y'all.

Tootles!
TBelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nanancy

Nanancy