Thursday, January 5, 2012

Products Social Worker

 Although I no longer practice traditional social work, I will always be a social worker. I get a thrill every time I have the opportunity to hook people up with resources.  My friends will tell you that I love to share resources that can help empower you to feel better about your appearance and your home.  In other words, I love to tell my friends about my favorite products.  In the spirit of social work, I am an equal opportunity product girl.  I don't care if the product comes from Dollar General or Nordstrom's.  I do tend to skew toward relatively low-priced cosmetics and skin care items because, in real life, TBelle wants to spend her golden years in a house rather than in a single-wide in one of her kids' backyards. 

Here are a couple of my current favorites:

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller

  I love this stuff because it feels good, does a good job of concealing my sickly looking circles  and doesn't settle in my "fine lines."    Bottom line, it keeps me looking less like death warmed over.  You can pick this product up at Target, Walgreens, Krogers, etc.  Garnier is big on coupons so keep an eye out (ha, ha) for one for this product. 

Revlon Lip Butter  When people ask me what I would want with me if I were stranded on a desert island, I always say lipstick (among other things).  Note: Never let someone tell you that you can only have one thing when you are stranded on a desert island.  It's hypothetical, people!  Anyway, if someone asked me today I would say Revlon Lip Butter.  It has a luscious texture, lovely pigment, no remarkable odor or taste, and good lasting power--particularly for such a moisturizing product. All of the colors are pretty.  I have three and especially love Cherry Tart.  It's an easy-to-wear red and I like the name.  I have only found these at Walgreens. 

I don't want to overwhelm y'all with too many products so we'll stop with two today. 

Tootles, Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna throw out there that my new favorite thing is coconut oil in place of lotion for my body. My skin is so crazy dry and this is about the only stuff I have ever found to make my skin almost look normal! It's usually in the organic/health food section of the grocery store and a jar is waaaaay cheaper than the next best Clinique stuff that I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Leigh uses coconut oil as body lotion during the winter. Don't you love it when you find something that works *and* it's super cheap?!

    ReplyDelete

Nanancy

Nanancy